Re: Europa-List: aluminium avionics panels

Subject: Re: Europa-List: aluminium avionics panels
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:11:11

I can't help with locating the boxes, but can chime in with a super endorsement
of the trig kit..... Awesome solid radios that not even my shaky hummelbird
could
do damage to. In my tiny bird I mounted them behind my seat bulkHead (the
only feasible spot) which had the benefit of very short rf cable runs.  I'm
always
5x5.

For sure I will add a set (or at least the head units) to my Europa pile of
parts
getting into formation.

Cheers,
Pete
A239

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 12:21 PM, JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello, I am looking to upgrade my avionics panel using the aluminium IM04 and
IM05! panels. Does anyone have a plan of their profiles in (any format, dxf,
solid works or pdf) that I can use to refine the layout please? hole cut-outs,
shapes and sizes for all Europa switches, trim indicator etc would also be
useful.

> While I am at it, my present thinking is to use a Trig TY 91 radio and a Trig
TT21 transponder and include a mount for a mini Ipad, but not flush fitting as
I find it useful to be able to orientate the screen according to light direction
and intensity.
> If anyone has experience installing these components, especially where and how
to install the electronic boxes for TT21 and TY 91 I would appreciate your
feedback.