Re: Europa-List: France: Deauville & Honflur

Subject: Re: Europa-List: France: Deauville & Honflur
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 20:35:01

a/a French just means all radio is in French as long as you make your calls in
French then no problem.

I use an idiot sheet. They laugh at me including my French passengers.

Kevin Challis

> On 8 Aug 2015, at 20:09, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Enjoyed Uk to Deauville Friday. Cycled to Honflur; very pretty, 11km ride,
> coastal
road back. Flew straight over the water from Littlehampton to Le Havre on
the way out and tracked the Normandy Landing beaches round to Cherborg on the
way back.
> Thing is I am confused about what's intended for the Coastal airfields;
> Calaise,
Cherbourg etc; they seem to have up to 5 zones around them and NOTAM'd as
if they are closed but then they are actually open as normal.
> Had no problems at all flying through Cherbourg.
>
> Also what the situation with airfields marked A/A FRENCH only; is that radio
or are foreigners not permitted there?