Re: Europa-List: Bruno Reith

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bruno Reith
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 14:43:11

very sorry to hear of Brunos passinghis Smart Turbo Europa took him down a
unique
path. As I recall, the installation was engineered by Otto Funk and a series
of photos were posted, I believe, on this list. It appeared to be a carefully
built aircraft w/ much attention to detail. I would be most curious to know
what prevented flight testing. I certainly hope it finds a new home with an
adventurous
owner.

Fred

> On Jul 7, 2015, at 1:24 AM, tennant <barrington.tennant@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gentlemen,
> I just received the sad news that Bruno Reith had a stroke and has passed
> away.
> He was the Europa agent in Germany and built an Europa with a "Smart Turbo"
> engine.
An interesting experiment but I am not sure if he got it into the air.