Re: Europa-List: Europaowners.org website

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europaowners.org website
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 07:15:54
Hi Alan,

If you look at the homepage of "Gallery", the organisation that hosts
europaowners.org ( http://galleryproject.org/ ), you will see the
following announcement. This may explain your lack of success.

Nigel

/The Gallery team has decided to take a step back from actively
maintaining this project. Truth be told, most of the core team got busy
with their lives over the past few years and we haven't had the time to
really actively maintain the project in a long time. The forums have
continued to be lively and helpful and there is still plenty of good
conversation there - but no new code has been written in the past 6
months and that's not likely to change./

/So after over 14 years, 3 major revisions of the project, many tens of
releases, hundreds of contributors, tens of thousands of lines of code,
almost a hundred thousand forum topics and almost four hundred thousand
comments, it's time for us to shutter up shop./

/Why not just leave the site up and operational? Unfortunately - it
takes time to actively maintain and police our site. The Gallery website
is constantly under attack by spammers and our servers require
maintenance. We've been doing that for years, but it's time to call it
quits./

/So what's next? Sometime soon we'll make the website read only. All the
forum posts and topics will still be there, but we'll stop letting
people log in and add new content. This will greatly prevent the spread
of spam through the site while still allowing search engines to find
useful content. Then we'll put the whole site into a very low-overhead
maintenance mode until we run out of money to keep it up. Then we'll
shut the site down./

/While the site is hibernating, some systems will continue to work.
You'll be able to download translations for Gallery 3, for example. But
at some point we'll stop accepting translation uploads. And when we run
out of money, translations will go away. Sorry about that./

/It's been a great ride. I'm glad that you could join us with it. But
now it's time to move on./

/regards,//
//Bharat/

/PS: If you're interested in taking over the project - email me and we
can talk. You need to be serious about it though because I'm not handing
this over to somebody who just wants to use it for SEO purposes. My
email address is easy to find. Also, I won't be reading private messages./

http://galleryproject.org/

On 18/04/2015 19:05, alan_hunter1664 wrote:

> Does anyone know if the europaowners.org web site is still open to post build
pictures? I've registered on the site but I can't find a link to create a new
build.