RE: Europa-List: Re: 912S Starter on a 914

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: 912S Starter on a 914
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 16:06:30

Hi! Roland,
Hope you are well and ready for a new flying season?
As you may have noticed my twin odyssey 13.5 amp hour batteries are mounted
on the passenger foot well. I would guess all of 12" or (300mm in your
speak) to the HD Starter.  Never a kick back and an immediate start up
without fail ......so long as you remember to switch the electric fuel pumps
on ! I will never forget the hassle I had getting the Jabiru Six cylinder
donkey to power up from the battery behind the seats ! Recommendations from
all and sundry until I used my own brain on the issue !
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG. 914 Rotax.