Re: Europa-List: Re: batch of classic fuel filler pipes being made

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: batch of classic fuel filler pipes being made
From: Neville Eyre <neveyre@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 16:12:32

I had a number made by different companies, with varying success, the last
lot were good, but they will only do in batches of 100..... so I have bough
t a tube bender, and have a tube roller on it's way, if you want a job done
 well, do it yourself ? Watch this space.
Biggest hassle will be LaaLaaLand... questions from them included..........
1] what make clips were going to be supplied ['' as all clips are not equal
 '' ]... Ty wraps would suffice ?
2] The double convoluted fuel proof silicon connector [ made for the job] w
ould have to be '' investigated '', [ but a piece of the old, perished fuel
 filler hose made 15+ years ago be the cheapest bidder would be fine ].....
3]The suggested [ by me ] fitting of a rubber grommit where the alloy pipe
passes through the bulkhead to prevent fretting would not be needed as '' t
he customer would smell the fuel leak if it were to wear through ''    YES,
 REALLY !
And then there are the punters, one such [ not the builder] ranted at me th
at the one I had sent him wouldn't fit [ as in '' nowhere f***ing near '' ]
 and moaned about having to pay =C2=A315 postage to return it to me..... ch
ecked out against my pattern, and sent off to a grateful recipient who fitt
ed it in 10 minutes, and reported  ''a perfect fit '' ?
That was why I dropped it at that time, but on with the case again.
Cheers,
Nev