Re: Europa-List: 912S Starter on a 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912S Starter on a 914
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 21:06:58
Hello David,

The on occasions the starter won't engage when the engine is hot and I have
done several starts. It mostly occurs when I am doing a prop balance. If I
tap (bang) on it then it generally springs into life. I have an  Odyssey
battery.

My guess is if I pulled it apart I'd probably find stuck brushes or
something.

I am hoping that the advantage of going to the heavy duty starter is that
it will end the occasional kick back.

Regards, Paul

.