RE: Europa-List: Bright Lights

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Bright Lights
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:42:23
Hi William=2C
I installed landing lights using bulbs with the MR16 standard. There is a h
uge choice of LED and Halogen types with a choice of narrow and wide beam.
They cost around =A3 3 each including postage from China. Their diameter is
 50mm and I mounted mine in the upper portion of the two inlets at the fron
t of the XS cowling. The 9 watt LED narrow beam bulbs are amazingly bright.
I copied the idea from one of the Czech LSA aircraft.  I think it is called
 Aerotrek=2C and it is based on the Kitfox.Karl