Europa-List: Rotax Engine Purchase

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax Engine Purchase
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:00:34

Hi All

I am starting to think about when to purchase the engine for my Europa and I
guess
the answer is "as late as possible" if I am going to enjoy any of the 18 month
warranty it comes with.

There would appear to be a heck of a lot to do between purchase and getting it
airborne:
First fit of the engine, rads, ducting, etc
Remaining wiring, electrics & instruments
Fit cowls
Fit prop
Some sanding, filling and get the whole thing painted etc, etc
Then there is the LAA paperwork exercise here in the UK.

Given my current rate of build, the thing is going to be out of warranty before
I get it fired up in anger.

How have others got on?

--------
Regards