Europa-List: Monowheel undercarriage 'up' stop?

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel undercarriage 'up' stop?
From: John Archer <77alembert@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 19:39:35

Hello, I would also be very interested in a mudguard design, particularly one
that
prevented/reduced stones being thrown up onto the fuselage and tail plane.

I wonder if it would be possible to place a "spade" like cutout behind the wheel
that would be angled in such a way that it protects from stones when the gear
is down and sits close to and parallel to the fuselage when the gear is
retracted.
A bit like an American fireman's helmet.
It shouldn't produce too much drag either when the gear is down (or up).

Does anyone have any real world experience with this approach or similar?

Happy New Year to all and hope to meet some of you when the flying season
starts!

John

Kit 192, Grenoble and still learning with 30 hours to date.

Sent from my iPad