Europa-List: Using a digital scale for measuring Epoxy

Subject: Europa-List: Using a digital scale for measuring Epoxy
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:44:54

Hi Group

I just want to make a quick comment on using a Digital scale to measure Epoxy:
Don't absolute put trust in them without verification!

I have a few scales, and sometimes they get out of calibration when pouring
Epoxy
or Hardener slowly.

I'm not talking about an absolute calibration with a standard (which I do once
in a while), I'm talking about the "zero" calibration changing during weighing.

What I do prior to mix, I make sure I have "two" empty mixing cups (with mixing
sticks) that weigh exactly the same.

I then zero out a cup with mixing stick.

Then pour Epoxy, switch cups to make sure still zeroed. If not than rezero and
make Epoxy adjustment.

Then add Hardener, switch cups to make sure still zeroed. If not then rezero and
make Epoxy adjustment.

Mixing stick is absolutely needed for Redux mix, I find it helpful if you
overdid
Aeropoxy Epoxy.

My two cents.

Ron Parigoris