Re: Europa-List: Crimping terminals

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Crimping terminals
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 09:55:17

Steve, When recently replacing my Garmin SL30 with the 8.33 version, it
called for a crimping tool costing around 600 to crimp the ? High
density mini pins. I borrowed Rowland's 30 version and took some trial
bits along to RGV. They showed me how the wire easily pulled out of the
cheap crimping but not from their expensive one, so it was worth using
the expensive one. They very kindly lent me their spare one but it could
very well be that your nearest avionics set up would at least do you a
set of crimps on likely lengths of wire.

Regards, David

On 2014-11-07 22:58, Steven Pitt wrote:

> I am getting ready to make up the wiring harnes for my new Trig radio and
> transponder
and see that they use MIL -C-24308 connectors with M39029/63-368 crimped
pins. The recommendation is to use the DMC AFM8 crimping tool, which seems
expensive. Has anyone used a more modest crimping tool with success?
> Regards
> Steve Pitt
> G-SMDH

Links: