Re: Europa-List: A few sinking floats in Bing carbs 912 engines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: A few sinking floats in Bing carbs 912 engines
From: dpy01 <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:40:05
The following was issued by Conair in the UK to iRMT holders.

Rotax have issued the following bulletin, which can be downloaded from www.f
lyrotax.com :
SB-912-065 (UL) / SB-914-046 (UL), October 06, 2014
Periodic Inspection of the float buoyancy for Rotax Engine Type 912 and 914 (
series).

They have also issued a separate procedure agreed with Rotax making a simple
r check for non certified engines.

I have done the later and it involves ensuring the float bowl is full of fue
l before dropping the bowl and checking the height of the float.

Alan
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPhone

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 13:26, jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

k>

> Does anyone have details of this problem? Someone told me today about a no
tice this October from Rotax concerning certain engine serial numbers which c
ould experience sinking floats. I can't find anything on the web, but here's
 a link to the Matronics Rotax list.

=========
=========
=========