Europa-List: Fuel tank expansion

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel tank expansion
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 15:46:50
All=85I came across this note in my build log, written several years
ago:

> Reports of tank bulging, splitting, and leaking; cause not yet
definitive,  though appears to be exacerbated by high ambient
temperatures, draining and allowing tank to be empty for extended
periods. =93Fix=94 to be augmented with sloshing agent (yet to be
determined) treatment using =93fill, rotate, and drain=94 technique
intended to coat tank interior and prevent fuel from being absorbed into
tank material, the root cause of tank expansion.

Tank had already been installed at time of writing=85my kit # is A-194,
purchased in year 2000...I=92ve yet to put any fuel in my tank, but
expect to do so in the near future. I do have a rig with which I can
rotate my fuselage and create a certain amount of =93sloshing=94.

My question is:

Was a =93sloshing agent=94 which would reduce fuel absorption ever
discovered, or is my note just a bit of wishful thinking?

Fred