Europa-List: Fuselage Access

Subject: Europa-List: Fuselage Access
From: Jeremy Fisher <jffisher@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:51:34

I am looking for some advice on whether I can put an access panel in the bottom
of the fuselage of my Tri Gear where the wheel is retracted on the monowheel.
I was planning to put my fuel panel (pumps and non directional valves) in there,
but access from above is too restricted for me to be able to get in to check
or repair.  It seems to me that the bottom of the fuselage in this area should
not be a stressed panel.  However before I cut a large hole in my fuselage,
I want to get confirmation that I am not going to weaken it!  I am thinking
of a hole of about 12" by 9".  Am I out of line?  Grateful for any advice.

Jerry Fisher