Re: Europa-List: Electric Fuel pump

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electric Fuel pump
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 16:24:34

I get a higher pressure with the electric pump    on and the engine stopped than
with just the engine running and no electric pump. Does that help?

Kevin Challis

> On 7 Oct 2014, at 16:07, Scudrunner <howardbrooksster@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> My Classic Monowheel 1st flew in 1996, and I'm wondering if the facet electric
fule pump is now starting to show its age.

> I have a fuel pressure guage that measures at the carb inlets and always test
the electric pump before starting the engine. I don't remember the units here
and now, but I get only a 20% deflection relative to the pressure I get from
the mechanical pump (engine running). But then I guess that the stationary
mechanical
pump will restrict the fuel pressure with the engine stationary?

> Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else has a fuel pressure guage similarly
> fitted
and can advise on what pressure they see from the facet only?