Europa-List: Re: OAT probe location

Subject: Europa-List: Re: OAT probe location
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 05:26:36

Fred,

Ours is just tie wrapped to wires in the space covered by the starboard wing
fairing
aft of the spar and works fine. Our fairing is taped to the fuselage but
the rear end is open, not sealed like yours.  We had it in the fairing for the
port flap cross tube hinge (FL18) but it got a lot of heat from the exhaust.

Heather reports the forward face of the starboard footwell stays comfortable
with
our 914 setup since it gets air from the inlet for the turbo but that probably
is different on your Subaru setup.

How about locating it in the access panel on the starboard side under the
starboard
tailplane?

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: