Europa-List: tailwheel pivot spiral pin

Subject: Europa-List: tailwheel pivot spiral pin
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:59:15

Im getting the tailwheel parts ready to assemble and have noticed a discrepancy
between my paper manual (chapter 32, page 11, issue 1) and the PDF I downloaded
---From the Europa factory website (chapter 32, page 11, issue 4).

My paper manual show a Spirol pin part # 45284 inserted opposite the grease
nipple
and acting as a limit stop in the semi-circumferential slot in the tailwheel
fork. The PDF does not show or mention this at all.

Does anyone know if this is another misprint or if the pin is no longer deemed
necessary? Are there downsides to installing it if its not needed? I can see
that
leaving it out makes it theoretically possible in some sort of extreme situation
for the tailwheel to rotate too far and get the cables crossed.

BTW Im installing the Graham Singleton pushrod rudder drive, if that makes any
difference.

All comments (except for silly ones ;-) ) welcome!

in friendship

Rowland