Re: Europa-List: Fwd Aft movement at wing tip

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd Aft movement at wing tip
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 08:15:18
Kevin=2C
When rigged properly=2C all rigging pins in=2C the wing root pins screwed i
n tight or to one thread=2C the forward socket should be just touching the
root rib to out no more than 1/32" .  The spar sockets and spar strap must
be installed.

The structure will flex a bit in and out.  With about 10 pounds of force pu
shing aft on the tip the forward pin will pull out about 1/16 inch.  The re
ar sockets are solid once the mod 52 tie bar is installed.

Once the sockets are on=2C you may need to tweak your sweep.  Please make s
ure your forward pin is in the socket fully to 1/32".  There should be no b
ending load on the front pin.

Best Regards=2C
Bud Yerly

Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz> wrote:

All

Have just finished fitting the fwd W27 and aft W26 wing sockets to the fuse
lage and everything looks good. Wing angle is good on both sides and checke
d at mid-point and wing tip.
Fwd aft sweep measured at several points is good. String from each wingtip
is parallel with the spars.
Both wings assemble easily and both main spar pins fit with a firm push and
 a bit of effort.
However=2C when assembled there is a small amount of fwd aft movement at bo
th wingtips relative to the fuselage.
As far as I can tell this is entirely due to the movement of the parts maki
ng up the aft W26 socket. The pip pin is a good fit and the small amount of
 movement is between the W26C barrel and the W26A body.
It is a small movement but over the span of the wing is obviously magnified
.
I have checked the gap between the fwd W27 sockets and the wing root rib an
d the gap is 0.8 to 0.9mm both sides.

Should I be worried about this fwd aft movement.

I have no wing root fairings on at present and guess this would help limit
the fwd aft movement when finally fitted.

I hope I am worrying about nothing but all opinions=2C views appreciated to
 put my mind at rest.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston