Europa-List: Re: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sideways movement in Tri Gear nose wheel arm.
From: pmorgans <petermorgans181@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:39:41

Hi Alan,
           Not sure exactly where your movement originates, here's my experience
of play in the nosewheel. I bought a very low hours Trigear last year and had
steering problems - on inspection found that wheel friction pullout had been
set at 20kg instead of 20lbs - but also that there was considerable sideways
(wobble) motion of the wheel within the yoke. Examination showed that the 12mm
dia. spindle bolt ( kit supply) fitted snugly into the holes in the yoke;
however,
the wheel bearing inner journals are 1/2 inch dia. Hence the wobble. Replaced
12mm with 1/2 inch AN standard bolt and reamed out yoke to 1/2 inch - wobble
cured.
Regards
Peter

Read this topic online here: