Europa-List: AW: Re: Bungee Cord

Subject: Europa-List: AW: Re: Bungee Cord
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 12:06:32

Graham is correct, as usual. When I was experimenting by flying my aircraft, it
seemed that the air load on the flaps was almost neutral, particularly halfway
down but giving a slight lifting tendency when flaps were fully down.

I wouldn't worry too much about "perfection"; if the flaps can float/hover
somewhere
along the gate when flying, that is just nice. Anyway I would definitely
recommend doing the bungee adjustments with the wings rigged.

The reason I had to re-adjust my bungee many years ago (kit #054) was that the
factory changed the specification of the bungee cord and I had to remove the old
one before starting again from "square one". Most of the adjustment is affected
by the mass of the undercarriage assembly and only a relatively small amount
of the adjustment is affected by the flaps.

Just follow the factory instructions carefully and you should get a good enough
result. I doubt that many builders waste too much time with experimenting.

Read this topic online here: