Europa-List: Re: French B&Bs

Subject: Europa-List: Re: French B&Bs
From: Bill &amp; Sue <Billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 03:11:41

Tony,

We've used Gites de France  http://en.gites-de-france.com/ for decades I think
it is pretty much the only national source of B&Bs- I can't promise spoken
English everywhere ( although almost invariably better than my French...) the
website is getting better but it can be hard work to pin down locations- it was
always thus since it was a French-only paperback publication! Worth the effort
though, we've styed in some wonderful out-of-the-way places we would not have
found unaided. Had some memorable meals booking the table d'hote at the B&Bs
-often more like a family dinner party, but I used it to improve my French
which may or may not suit you!
With random fly-ins I've also found the local Syndicat d'initiative (tourist
offices)
really helpful and have never failed to find me somewhere good.
Enjoy!

Bill & Sue

Read this topic online here: