RE: Europa-List: Fuel tank leak - another type

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel tank leak - another type
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 18:04:10
Alfred=2C
Any good epoxy will stick to the tank.  I use Redux and glass for small rep
airs like a screw put into a tank by the builder.  Still holding after 10 y
ears.  Do not use ethanol based fuels.

Also=2C it can be successfully repaired with a plastic welder as I was shoc
ked by one person that installed drains in the bottom of his tank.  It work
ed well.  We tried on one tank in the shop by cutting a hole in the center
under the aft bulkhead and clearing the area where the tank could be welded
.  It worked until the next annual when we could get in a new tank and repl
ace the repaired one.

I am surprised to see an indent as you showed in your photo.  Was it there
---From the beginning?  During your cockpit module install was the module flex
ed by accident?

Regards=2C
Bud Yerly