Re: Europa-List: Dimension Requested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork insert

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dimension Requested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork insert
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:15:44
Tony=0Along time ago but I shortened the plastic a couple of mm. =0AMaybe t
he simple way would be to assemble the whole thing without fixing=0Athe ser
vo to the bulkhead, then work out where it needs to go without=0Acausing th
e fouling=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From:
Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0A
Sent: Sunday, 27 July 2014, 3:46=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Dimension Requ
ested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork insert=0A =0A=0A=0AHi Craig,=0AIf you shor
ten the link rod, don=99t you change the geometry of the tab displace
ment? I know Bob Harrison did a similar thing, and he hasn=99t had an
y problems with the consequence. I will have to take a closer look, as it i
s an intricate mechanism, and I take my hat off to Ivan and co for designin
g it. How you do that makes me envious. I might get another link rod and ex
periment. Scott from Ray Allen is very helpful, so if I stuff it up I
=99m sure he will come to the rescue=0AThanks for replying.=0ARegards=0ATon
y Renshaw=0A=0A=0A=0AOn 27 Jul 2014, at 11:47 am, craig <craigb@onthenet.co
m.au> wrote:=0A=0ATony, have a look at the link rod between the servo and t
he bell crank=0A>I had a long hard look at it and ended up shortening that
link rod about 2mm, trimming the plastic will fix the issue, mine only need
ed about 2mm total to gain=0A>The required clearance, I filed a bit off eac
h one and problem solved, prior to that 2mm it would foul=0A>And try to pus
h the servo up at full travel=0A>=C2-=0A>Hope this helps, it may be anoth
er way to attack the problem=0A>=C2-=0A>Regards=0A>craig=0A>=C2-=0A>Fro
m:=C2-owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com=C2-[mailto:owner-europa-li
st-server@matronics.com]=C2-On Behalf Of=C2-Tony Renshaw=0A>Sent:=C2-
Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:35 AM=0A>To:=C2-europa-list@matronics.com=0A>Su
bject:=C2-Europa-List: Dimension Requested for Trim Tab Link Rod Fork ins
ert=0A>=C2-=0A>Gidday,=0A>Well, it seems my Trim Tab Link Rod, TS05 is co
nflicting with my plastic forks of the servo, like many others. I think I h
ave to eat humble pie here. The issue is that the vertical of the two rivet
s that hold the insert AN490 HT8P in position, its head is the culprit. It
looks like to me the easiest fix is to take a little of the fork excess pla
stic away, but there isn=99t much, and any finer adjustment needs to
be made by removing the offending rivet, and repositioning it. Thats my cur
rent plan, and to that end I=99d like to ask what the length of the i
nsert is that is within my T bar tube. I am thinking of removing the offend
ing rivet and repositioning 45 degrees offset. I would like to double the s
pacing that exists between the current rivets, in side elevation, for the p
lacement of the next one, so I have double the metal since I have half the
offset, as the holes from the removed rivet will have created a wall weakne
ss. Still, there shouldn=99t be
 a ridiculous amount of load on these, and the second one is probably more
of a secondary means of attachment, aviation double check anyway.=C2-=0A>
=C2-If anyone has not constructed the T bar, can I please ask for the ins
ert length? I will ask Europa if the list is unable to help. Thanks.=0A>Reg
ards=0A>Tony Renshaw=0A>=C2-=0A>=C2-<image001.jpg><image002.jpg>=0A>No
virus found in this message.=0A>Checked by AVG -=C2-www.avg.com=0A>07/24/