Re: Europa-List: DOOR detached during flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: DOOR detached during flight
From: Dean Seitz <daseitz@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:10:52

Yes it happened when the rear pin was not engaged in the socket. Been there,
done
that.

N284A

---- g-fizy <jim.davis1@me.com> wrote:

> Sadly during the permit renewal test flight ,The P1 Door detached,Luckily no
one was her and G-fixy was landed safely .
> It Was flown be the engineer and text pilot they had not started testing the
aircraft ,and was in level flight when the door went as it did it impacted the
elevator and to a large chunk out.
> They say The doors Were both Closed correctly so we are not sure if the hinge
at the front failed causing the door to detach ,they don't look very strong.