Europa-List: XS Oil Cooler

Subject: Europa-List: XS Oil Cooler
From: William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 21:46:11

Thanks for all the replies regarding the coolant thermostat. I have
ordered one from an Aprillia motorbike spares outlet and will let you
know how I get on with it in due course.

Now I am onto the oil cooling and need advice here too:

It seems to have been built pretty much as described in the build manual
(XS). The oil radiator is below the level of the coolant radiator but I
would like to lower it by a further 15-20mm. I have found aluminium
spacer sleeves on the AN4 bolts which will need replacing with longer
ones. The sleeves are half inch outside diameter with eighth inch wall
thickness. Did they come with the kit? I also need to change the 90deg
oil radiator pipe union for a straight one but do not know if it is a
Rotax part or a Europa specific part.

The oil thermostat is pretty solid and will need securing to the engine
mount somehow once I have figured out a suitable place.

Regards William G-WUFF