Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 05/16/14

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 05/16/14
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 22:55:04
I can verify that on the Classic I used to fly, flaps down at low speed you
 could smell exhaust fumes in the cockpit.=0A=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A_________
_______________________=0A From: "f.kyle@sympatico.ca" <f.kyle@sympatico.ca
>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Saturday, 17 May 2014, 19:38=0AS
ubject: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 05/16/14=0A =0A=0A-->
 Europa-List message posted by: <f.kyle@sympatico.ca>=0A=0ACheers,=0A--
- Lance's message below reminded me that we had discussed cockpit=0Aversu
s aft fuse pressures before. It has been almost unanimous that it's=0Ahighe
r out back than in front. HOWEVER, have we measured the two pressures=0Aaga
inst ambient ouside? maybe cockpit is lower than ambient, perhaps afte is
=0Ahigher than ambient - perhaps they are either side of ambient- or both o
ver=0A- or under?=0A--- It seems to me that we should establish which
 is who, and then=0Adecide what to use in the discussion. Open to Flames...
....=0AFerg C-FFGG=0Astill in the hangar=0A=0A=0A=0AIn OZ, in the strictly
controlled era prior to experimental regulations,=0A(pre 1999). Our Civil a
viation released an Airworthiness Directive for=0AEuropa Aircraft stating t
here should be no airflow between the cockpit and=0Athe rear fuselage. Thei
r concern was, with the pressure rear of the bulkhead=0Abeing higher than t
he cockpit, engine exhaust could be drawn into the rear=0Afuselage via the
flap slots and find its way into the cockpit. This AD was=0Awithdrawn with
the advent of experimental aviation with responsibility being=0Ahanded to t
he builder. Sorry I cant find the copy I thought I had.=0A=0ARegards=0A=0AL
ance Sandford in OZ=0A=0A=0AOn 14/05/14 03:49, Frans Veldman wrote:=0A>=0A>
=