Europa-List: Re: Europa crash in Lübeck/Germany

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa crash in Lübeck/Germany
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 10:57:29

Interesting to hear that you can fly with a flap down; but for me a lot is going
on just after take off, watching the gauges, the speed the VSI, changing prop
pitch, unlocking to get the wheel up and pushing the leaver with the right hand
etc - maybe the spring/tension is a bit off if its first flight, I am not
sure how I would cope if there were to be a sudden roll at that point.

Yep I also value Grahams wisdom and contributions; I am just thinking of the
message,
unintentionally, its sending to current builders. The fact is hundreds
have been made by imperfect amateurs and the stall characteristics are one of
the first things explored during the test flights.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W