Europa-List: Re: Europa Crash in Lübeck/Germany

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Crash in Lübeck/Germany
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 08:48:11

Is it a stall? my first thought was i would probably be putting the wheel away
to get some climb about there; what if a flap pin was a bit short or the flap
one side moved out board and only one was brought up?
Certainly those first few flights are risky even with the best inspections.

As for saying one wrong sweep when sanding the leading edge will radically
affect
the stall characteristics, is that true or help our cause? Perhaps a little
alarmist - no sane builder is going to put a flat on it.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W