Europa-List: Re: Use of full synthetic oil with Avgas 100LL

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Use of full synthetic oil with Avgas 100LL
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 01:10:10

Good morning Barry,

thanks for sharing your personal opinion since in fact this was what I'm looking
for as the Rotax releases are clear in stating no full synthetic oil with Avgas
(and of course you won't get any other statement from them). But apparently
there is no one using full synth with even very little Avgas. I didn't decide
yet, which oil to use next. Maybe semi synthetic until UL 91 or another lead
free Avgas is available on a broad level.

I modified my cooling system, so that I hopefully won't see oil temps beyond
120C
too often sometime in the future (when I'm finally flying again).

Regards
Roland

Read this topic online here: