Re: Europa-List: Landing on the beach at Barra

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Landing on the beach at Barra
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:41:07

Hi Geoff

As pete says it shouldn't be a problem at Barra.

Im based at Oban an currently building a Europa xs.  The guys at oban are very
helpful and will wash the the sand and salt water off if you plan to return to
Oban after landing at Barra?

Im planning to be out at the airport working at my aircraft tomorrow most off
the
day, so if you are planning on being in Oban tomorrow and need anything then
please let us know?

Kind regards
Donald
Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Apr 2014, at 15:04, "goff" <goffmoore@aol.com> wrote:

> Quick question.
>
> Should I expect any issues landing a Tri-Gear XS with speed kit wheel spats on
the beach at Barra?

> Specifically is there a risk of the spats settling into the sand on a soft
> beach?
>
> An instant response from anyone who has done it would be welcomed. We set off
for Oban and Glenforsa tomorrow.