Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:52:07
Tony,
The pressure transducer is for the stall warner of course.  However,
there is a problem with this install with the adjustment and
maintenance.  It appears he has a tube for adjustment of the sensor from
below the panel, but Redux permanently mounts the sensor.  I sure hope
it never fails.  Getting a cutter in that area means pull the panel and
cut Redux.  I also noticed his com jacks under the floor of the shelf.
Again, not easy to service and a bit of a hunt to find.

I prefer the stall warner in the wing next to the tube passing through
the spar.  I mount it on a couple of bolts through the ply and run the
wires to the cockpit.  Tubing is harder to run through a conduit than
wire.  However, the easiest to ajust was put into the cockpit module
just forward of the rudder pulleys with a hole to adjust.  Makes it easy
and fast for flight test adjustments in flight.

I normally put my com jacks in the upper aft area of the above head
console.  If you want them in the panel, we have  installed the pilot
jacks on the far left panel bottom and have made a simple foam shaped
piece for plugging into the pax sides for direct plug in of your
headsets.  With it on the panel, the inspector may want it labeled but
that is only in a few examples.

Regards,
Bud Yerly