RE: Europa-List: Re: odd radio problem

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: odd radio problem
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:10:51

Richard,

If the radio has an embedded microprocessor it may be a product defect.  I
have had experience where something will work fine in a metal or C/F
aircraft but not in a fiberglass aircraft. The reason is that there is no
attenuation of RF in the fiberglass structure and it finds its way into the
device, usually through the power feed. A well designed product should not
have this issue, however you could try adding some RF filtering on the
power, mic, headphone and ppt lines.

Paul