Europa-List: Re: recommended oil change intervals, exclusive MOGAS

Subject: Europa-List: Re: recommended oil change intervals, exclusive MOGAS
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:03:47

Chris,

We have been using Aeroshell Sport Plus 4 oil in our 914 since it became
available.
The class at LEAF suggested it since Rotax has tested it & has an agreement
with Aeroshell that no changes will occur to the formulation without notice
to Rotax.  Any other oil, the formula can be changed by the manufacturer.

The maint manual says it is necessary to change every 100 hours when running
MOGAS
(no more than 30% avgas) but recommended to change every 50 hours.

We change every 50 hours and send it out for anaylsis.   We have 500 hours on
the
engine and the analysis has been good every time.  Our 914 installation runs
oil temp around 190 to 200 deg F and we run MOGAS more than 90% of the time.
We always use Decalin when we have to use 100LL and even with that the lead
sludge in the oil tank is a lot.

Jim & Heather Butcher

Read this topic online here: