RE: Europa-List: recommended oil change intervals, exclusive MOGAS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: recommended oil change intervals, exclusive MOGAS
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:10:36

Hello everyone,

At about 800 hours my 914  developed a crank case leak from fretting.  I
sent the engine into Leading Edge and they split the case and fortunately
they were able to repair the fretting and successfully seal it.

While the engine was apart they cleaned up and it was noted that there was
some "oil flashing" on the piston skirts.  They recommend for 914's to only
use a full synthetic as they tend to run a bit hotter.

Since then I have used Mobile 1 and unleaded fuel.  If I make a cross
country trip and can only find 100LL then I do an oil change as soon as I
return.

Paul