Europa-List: Rotax - New Oil Filter removal tool

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax - New Oil Filter removal tool
From: Dave Disney <davedisney@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 06:00:13

I'm just about to start the first permit renewal on my aircraft and thought I
would
get some stuff together to help things along. First up was to buy one of
those tools for removing the oil filter. 25 and nice new tool arrives in the
post
a few days later. Take out of packaging and check against shiny new filter
- it doesn't fit. Check with the aircraft and it fits that one OK. Research
shows
that Rotax have recently changed the filter design - Doh!!!

The new filter looked a bit familiar to me and the old gray cells kicked in to
remind me that I have a filter removal tool for the oil filter on my BMW K100
motorbike. I dug it out and hey presto BMW tool fits new Rotax oil filter. Not
only this, I checked the fit on the aircraft and it will work a treat (Rotax
914 uls, cant vouch for the others).

The tool is available from Moto-Bins here
http://www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=K+Series    part number 99200 if
anyone wants one.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: