Europa-List: Re: Door fitting ??

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Door fitting ??
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 15:35:30

Hi Paul

I documented door install here:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=86926
under doors and windscreen folder.

I followed Neville's philosophy and left the strut attachment, reinforcing
things
with a little Carbon Fiber and installed passive pin and strikers. The upper
aft striker really does pull the top aft side of the door down when you close
it!

The top hinge rebates on the fuse needed to be ripped out and destroyed on my XS
Mono and new ones made to fit the door.

Check out the blue masking tape trick to trim bottom part of the door.

I found doors to be a fun part of the build. If you are expecting things to fit
together like a Revell model, at first you may find you have yourself a
challenge,
but stick with it and I'm sure you too will be rewarded.

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: