Europa-List: Water calorstat installation

Subject: Europa-List: Water calorstat installation
From: Michel AUVRAY <mau11@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:39:07
Hello all,
With 912S I have very low temperatures, particulary in winter, oil>60C
Coolant>60C and I live in French Alps, When I am in descent from
10000ft or more the coolant is below 50C. I used a masked tape on the
radiator, but it is not good when I climb > 105 to 120C in descent > 50C.

Few month ago I take a decision to install Calorstat.
On the Oil circuit I install the model in the picture. The result is
good temperatures are between 90 and 105C in all configurations.

For the coolant I have project to install the calorstat showed in the
attached picture.
Does anyone have experience of this type of installation pictures and
comments or others.

Many thanks

Michel AUVRAY
EUA 145 - 500 HF