Europa-List: Re: painting instrument module query

Subject: Europa-List: Re: painting instrument module query
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 01:25:28

Rowland, this is the business end of the plane and you and your passengers will
be looking at it for the rest of your flying career. I have seen too many panels
which grate on the sensibilities and decided to take the cop out route and
have it done by a professional car body painter. I know, on this forum we all
love showing off what we can do ourselves but in this case the result was so
good I can live with the shame and even highly recommend it.

My panel was "splatter" painted which gives a really professional look and is
very
hard wearing. It is also used to recondition side panels on commercial aircraft
so that says something. These guys also know perfectly how to best prepare
and prime the panel so there is very little chance of chipping and damage later.
I paid EUR 350 all-in which to me is worth every cent given the result.

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=290356

As far as the colour is concerned I steered away from black, opting for a dark
grey mostly because it looks better, but also would be slightly less likely to
overheat. Anything lighter and you would start getting problems with glare in
the windshield.

Regards, Jeroen

--------
Jeroen