Europa-List: Mod 78 News

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 78 News
From: djaflyact <djaflyact@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 16:58:14

I have the airplane with the spar bushings curing at this very moment. This
should
be the last big step before returning the airplane to airplane status. A few
things:

Replacing the bolts on the CS08 brackets with flush structural screws did the
trick.
Both spars now fit and there is no interference with the CS08 brackets rotating
back and forth. I think the extra clearance with the flush screws is necessary.
It buys margin anyway.

I will attach pictures of the last day. Once the Araldite is packed in with the
bushings, the surrounding area is released with grease and packing tape. There
is no chance of gluing the wings in place.

To get a good temperature, I am using a heater in the cabin and have a tent
underneath
the airplane with a 100 watt bulb warming. The temp at the spar pins is
about 75 to 80F. I can't tell what is happening inside the tunnel, but I'm sure
it will be good enough.

To fly now, the controls need to be reinstalled and then starts the test
flights.
Gotta repack that chute first.

I don't know if there are any retrofitting builders out there, but I would love
to have this information if I were. It is a relief and about a 3 month mod at
this point. Almost there.

Dave
A227
Mini U2