Re: Europa-List: Europa office

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa office
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:11:53
Hi David

Karen is away on holiday, she is back to work on Monday 2nd December.

I believe if it was urgent people could phone the aircraft team in norwich o
n tel:01603262301

Was advertised on europa webpage and in any email correspondence that came f
rom Karen.

Kind regards
Donald

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Nov 2013, at 13:04, David Joyce <stranfaer@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know why Europa HQ have not been answering the phone for the l
ast two weeks?

> Rgds
> David
>
> Sent from the iPad of David Joyce
> www.eastmidsspas.com
>
>> On 28 Nov 2013, at 17:25, Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Peter
>> By proper differential pressure I assume you meant on one side there
>> will be the fluid pressure, and on the other side there will be tank
>> air pressure. I gathered from Paul's email that he did exactly this by
>> running the tank vent line to the sensor, but still sees a lag during
>> climbs and descents. This is most likely due to the large tank volume
>> and the small diameter of the vent tube. So it would matter exactly
>> where the vent line is teed off to go to the sensor. Closer to the
>> tank is better. In any case, this delay is likely to be
>> inconsequential because most of the spam cans I fly are only required
>> to have a reliable level indicator when the tank is really empty.
>>

>>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com> w
rote:
>>> I would suggest updating the cct/system to work on proper differential
>>> pressures - then venting isn't an issue. Ideally it would also incorpora
te a
>>> g-sensor such that a prolonged turn doesn't affect the fuel level readin
>>> (assuming there is some shorter duration filtering to deal with turbulen
ce),
>>> and a switch to select avgas/mogas densities. I was planning on implemen
ting
>>> such a system when the time came. I was also planning on a vertical alum
inum
>>> tube gauge on the outside of the tank  containing a magnetic float which

>>> triggered external level switches lighting up a simple led gauge - as a
>>> backup and in lieu of the sight-gauge.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Pete

=========