Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:23:26

Ferg, Ideally you measure it yourself. Put say 15 litres
 in the tank (which will run into both sides) and then
with the plane in a flying attitude (ie sill about level)
run a fuel pump with the fuel pipe disconnected and
draining into a measuring cylinder. What you have left is
the bit you are looking for and you either just weigh the
plane without bothering to learn exactly how much it is,
and/or subtract what came out into your measuring cylinder
---From what you put in the tank.
All the best, David Joyce, G-XSDJ