Europa-List: Raglan Video

Subject: Europa-List: Raglan Video
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:02:43
Hi Europa Flyers
My son, Angus, put this together flying from Raglan (North Island, New Zeala
nd)  home to Rangiora in the South Island for a bit of fun.
Had a Ducati regulator failure on the way home above Mt Ruapehue eventually t
aking the battery out. Lost radio, transponder, GPS, engine instruments, Awa
re, TCAS, intercom, trim, fuel indicator and Airmaster propeller unit stuck i
n climb pitch, max continuous. Still had engine and wings which is all we ne
eded. Landed at Wanganui for new battery, arriving NORDO. So the iPad (Air N
av Pro) was excellent and the cell phone to warn the aero club at Wanganui w
e had no radio.
All in a days flying.

Cheers,
Tim