RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: AN3 Nut Torque Values..

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: AN3 Nut Torque Values..
From: Max Cointe Free <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:29:46
Very valuable contribution, as usual Ron!

Many thanks.

Max  Cointe

 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr

F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear

Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 490 hours

F-PLDJ Dyn=92A=E9ro MCR 4S

Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1600 heures

De : owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] De la part de
rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Envoy=E9 : mardi 29 octobre 2013 19:57
=C0 : Europa
Objet : Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: AN3 Nut Torque Values=85=85.or
any
Torque Values depending on type of Nuts

Hi Group

Quick note on breaking AN bolts, if the surface the nut is contacting is
not
perpendicular to the shank of the bolt, it will load sideways and quite
easily break. For instance on my tiebar, and flap drive holes I did a
poor
job of drilling at 90 degrees to the surface. I am sure if I tightened
the
hardware to maximum rated spec they would break. I used these to
compensate
for my sins

http://www.mcmaster.com/#self-aligning-washers/=p5ec85

Note you can get #10 with a maximum correction of 4 degrees and also 5
degrees, the 5 degree is larger. I think I only used the 5 degree on 1
of my
tiebar bolts, it needed just a slight bit more ability to correct so I
Reduxed with Flox and let set before full tightening.

Ron Parigoris