Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: AN3 Nut Torque =?iso-8859-1?Q?Values=8

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: AN3 Nut Torque =?iso-8859-1?Q?Values=85=85.or_any_
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:57:09

        Hi Group

        Quick note on breaking AN bolts, if the surface the nut is contacting is
not perpendicular to the shank of the bolt, it will load sideways and
quite easily break. For instance on my tiebar, and flap drive holes I did
a poor job of drilling at 90 degrees to the surface. I am sure if I
tightened the hardware to maximum rated spec they would break. I used
these to compensate for my sins

        http://www.mcmaster.com/#self-aligning-washers/=p5ec85

        Note you can get #10 with a maximum correction of 4 degrees and also 5
degrees, the 5 degree is larger. I think I only used the 5 degree on 1 of
my tiebar bolts, it needed just a slight bit more ability to correct so I
Reduxed with Flox and let set before full tightening.

        Ron Parigoris