RE: Europa-List: Re: Bliss

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Bliss
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:11:28
Hello Goff,

Apologies for the delay in responding but I have been away on holiday in
Ibiza with the family and have just returned. I didn=92t have access to
any of
my files so couldn=92t send anything.

Firstly I am sorry to hear about your radiator problems - hopefully you
will
be on your way towards sorting these out by now. My Europa is imminently
due
some major repairs/ servicing in that the undercarriage bearings and
shock
absorbers need replacing (and the engines annual service). An easy
enough
job though as with most things Europa its difficult to access. I am also
aware that despite the Loctite fix/ modwe are starting to develop play
in
one of the tail plane attachments so at best this will involve crawling
down
the back end and dismantling the tail plane tube assembly (I have done
this
twice before - not an easy job).

I had hoped to send you some video clips to show the before and after
results but the files are pretty large (even after editing) - about 10mb
and
20mb respectively. I know many email systems don=92t like such large
files and
I haven=92t got anything sorted with you tube as yet. Although I have
been
messing about for several years trying to get some decent flying footage
it
has always been sporadic due mainly to work commitments. Fortunately I
am
now retired (as of July) so will hopefully have more time to perfect
this
art. I purchased a copy of Sony Vegas Studio but have yet to master even
the
basics of editing - perhaps the program is more sophisticated than I
really
need - but having paid the money I am loathe to purchase something else
(I
know we are only talking about =A320 - =A350) but if I have something
that does
the job then its extra cost (and im a pensioner lol !)

I can see you have got to grips with editing and adding the music
soundtrack
- so far that bit is beyond me.

Regarding the anti vibration mount I put one together and tried it out a
couple of weeks ago - the results were very promising but as you can see
---From the photos attached the mount itself is unduly cumbersome. This is
mainly due to my mounting a remote pan/ tilt head on the anti vibration
pad.
So there is a bit of work to be done there. The pan/tilt head is very
handy
to make minor adjustments but probably unnecessary.

I will update you when I have made some more progress.

I did see there was a guy selling a relatively cheap mount on Ebay (he
was
in Israel) but the results on his you tube video were impressive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q57e0-dc2w8  . Unfortunately I have
lost the
Ebay link to this and cant find the ad again - he was only selling these
for
about =A320 which was pretty reasonable.

I am also looking at the option of using my Canon DSLR (which has very
high
quality video) and has an inbuilt in stabiliser. I have found an android
application that allows remote control of the camera from my phone (via
an
USB cable) so other than mounting the camera in the aircraft should be
relatively simple (the anti vibration mount wouldn=92t be needed). This
could
then be operated easily in flight.

I note that GoPro have their own Android/ Apple application that allows
remote control of your GOPro camera from a phone/ tablet device. I think
its
free from what I recall.

Anyway I will update you once I have made some progress and we can
compare
notes.

Kind regards,
Carl

PS: Where are you based (ie: your aircraft)  - White Waltham (im
guessing)
???