Re: Europa-List: NDB Let downs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NDB Let downs
From: DAVID JOYCE <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:31:10
NDB usage is certainly part of the UK IMC test and training. VOR is also of
 course part of it.=0A-=0AAnd to finalise this discussion it is not legal
 to fly in IMC or train on our LAA permit Europa aircraft! which are cleare
d for daylight VFR use only.=0A-=0Argds=0ADavid Joyce=0AThe other one....
=0A=0ASent to you from David Joyce=0Awww.eastmidsspas.com=0A=0A =0A=0A_____
___________________________=0A From: Gerry Holland <gholland@content-stream
.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Sunday, 13 October 2013, 2
1:24=0ASubject: Europa-List: NDB Let downs=0A  =0A=0A=0AA local Ryan Air Ca
ptain here tells me that he does NDB letdowns regularly as some of their de
stinations are not ILS equipped.=0AI'm presuming it's probably the same wit
h EasyJet.=0AThe young lad in my Hangar just gone professional and now has
his CPL/IR (self funded!) and the IR certainly involved NDB letdowns.=0AReg
ards=0AGerry=0AGerry Holland=0A=0Agholland@content-stream.co.uk=0A+44 (0)78
08 402404=0A=0AWhite Ox Mead Airstrip, Bath. England