Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: pestar <peter@reivernet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:37:43

Fred

Do not have a Europa, but have a DynAero MCR-4S Rotax 914 powered.  I have just
swapped my dual Odyssey batteries out for dual AeroVoltz (12 cell) Lithium
Plumbate
(they do not burn or ignite) batteries.

Reason

400 Cold cranking amps verse 170
20AH verse 7AH
2/3rds the weight and slightly smaller. Same height and width (just the length
is shorter).

Did not need to swap my Odysseys but liked the look due to the all electric
design
of the 914.  Price approximately the same.

So far so good, use a Schicke GR6 regulator verse the Ducatti (approved by your
LAA).

Cheers Peter

--------
Peter Armstrong