Europa-List: Re: fin ribs too long

Subject: Europa-List: Re: fin ribs too long
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 01:40:07

Hello Rowland,

Same problem here. I just lowered them to a position and angle that they did
fit,
then marked positions for clecos on the port side by eye. The nose of the lower
rib needs trimming but that is covered in the manual. Don't drill the starboard
side because once you are working with the Araldite you will never find
them again.  Bond and cleco stbd in one go.

http://europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=100799

The ribs are there to provide torsional stiffness to the fin and are not load
carrying.
Moving them around a bit shouldn't make any difference at all. They don't
even need to exactly parallel. I would steer away from reinforcements other
than the bond itself because that just adds weight.

--------
Jeroen

http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=44165

Read this topic online here: