Europa-List: toroids for vhf comms aerial cable

Subject: Europa-List: toroids for vhf comms aerial cable
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:34:19

Annex C of my manual calls out 4-off toroids to fit on the RG-58 coax cable
adjacent
to the dipole tapes. The part number given is Philips 4330 030 34420, but
this now appears to be made of unobtainium.

Does anyone know of an equivalent ferric toroid currently available?

RS list hundreds; obviously it needs to have a central hole of a suitable size
for RG-58 (or probably RG-400 in my case) to pass through, but what about the
other dimensions, and the magnetic characteristics? It's not clear whether the
toroids are fitted to act as a filter, as tuning, or as a balun. If, as I
suspect,
the latter, the magnetic characteristics are likely to be more critical.

in friendship

Rowland